Training Series Overview
The CompTIA Network+ Certification course builds on existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present fundamental skills and concepts that students will use on the job in any type of networking career. If students are pursuing a CompTIA technical certification path, the CompTIA A+ certification is an excellent first step to take before preparing for the CompTIA Network+ certification.
New! Add-on Practice Labs: This course series offers optional hands on practice-labs available for purchase. Try out your new skills today!
Career Path: Global Knowledge’s IT Skills and Salary Report estimates the average salary of a Network+ certified IT professional at about $74,000. Companies that use CompTIA Network+ include Apple, Cisco, Dell, HP, Intel, and the U.S. Department of Defense. This certification can lead to jobs as a Network Field Technician/Engineer, Network Administrator, Help Desk Technician, Network Support Specialist, and Network Analyst.
Series Taught By: Ken Mayer
CompTIA Network+ is a vendor neutral networking certification that is trusted around the world. It validates the essential knowledge and skills needed to confidently design, configure, manage and troubleshoot any wired and wireless devices. Recommended experience for this certification is CompTIA A+ Certification and (9) months of networking experience. No prerequisites required.
- Course 01 – Network Theory
- Course 02 – Bounded Network Media
- Course 03 – Unbounded Network Media
- Course 04 – Network Implementations
- Course 05 – TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
- Course 06 – Routing
- Course 07 – TCP/IP Services
- Course 08 – WAN Infrastructure
- Course 09 – Cloud and Virtualization Technologies
- Course 10 – Network Security Basics
- Course 11 – Preventing Security Breaches
- Course 12 – Responding to Security Incidents
- Course 13 – Remote Networking
- Course 14 – Network Management
- Course 15 – Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Course 16 – Planning and Implementing a SOHO Network