Career Path: With the rise of global information security threats, organizations are eager to hire certified individuals with mastery-level cybersecurity skills. Companies that use CASP include Booz Allen Hamilton, Network Solutions, the U.S. Army, the U.S. Navy, and Verizon Telematics. Jobs that use this certification include Cyber Security/IS Professionals, Information Security Analysts, Security Architects, IT Specialists INFOSEC, and IT Specialists, Cybersecurity.
Series Taught By: Ken Mayer
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) certifies critical thinking and judgment across a broad spectrum of security disciplines and requires candidates to implement clear solutions in complex environments. As a CASP-certified IT professional, you will demonstrate that you can provide the best cybersecurity solutions and protection for organizations worldwide. Recommended experience for this certification includes 10 years experience in IT administration, including at least 5 years of hands-on technical security experience. No prerequisites required.
Certification Exam Details:
CAS-002: Learn More about this certification exam.
Does this training qualify for college credits?
Yes! This course series, as an elective title, does qualify for 1-3 college credits to be applied towards a degree program offered at American Business and Technology University.
Available CEUs for Course Series Completion: 22
Students can earn up to 22 CEUs for fully completing this course series. This information will be displayed on the certificate of completion.
Training Series Overview
The CompTIA CASP (CAS-002) certification establishes knowledgeable professionals in the field of advanced security practices. Students will first learn about the the enterprise security architecture, security technology and resource technology. They will then learn security design and solutions, application security design, managing risk, security policies, security procedures and enterprise security integration. Finally, they will learn about security research and analysis, disaster recovery and business continuity, managing risk in projects, legal issues and judgment and decision-making.
- Course 01 – The Enterprise Security Architecture
- Course 02 – The Enterprise Security Technology
- Course 03 – Enterprise Resource Technology
- Course 04 – Security Design and Solutions
- Course 05 – Managing Risk in Projects
- Course 06 – Integrating Advanced Authentication and Authorization Techniques
- Course 07 – Implementing Cryptographic Techniques
- Course 08 – Integrating Hosts, Storage, Networks, and Applications in a Secure Enterprise Architecture
- Course 09 – Security Research and Analysis
- Course 10 – Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Course 11 – Responding to and Recovering from Incidents
- Course 12 – Legal Issues
- Course 13 – Judgment and Decision-Making